Friday, September 15, 2017

Naturally Selecting Blogs

I have never embraced change. At least change that I didn’t ask for. The only change I welcome without protest is the kind that jingles (or folds) #ComingToAmerica. And, because I live on both sides of every spectrum, though I hate change – I’ll roll with it. I will just be very honest with you about my feelings for said change – while doing it. Because comprehension (or agreement) is not a requisite for completion. This is a consequence of being hella coachable.

photo: Elite Property Research, LLC
What’s the change I’m having trouble with? This. This here blog production. It was started for one purpose, and purpose one alone – running. Only, it’s been about more than running. I did it as a lost bet (kinda) to Alica Keykey or something like that, because I wrote a letter to the Competitor Group that she felt like everyone should read. So I’ve been regaling you these tales from the pavement. I sometimes told you about other things – but it’s been like 90% running, 10% the tangents I’ve so called my life. Then it got to like 80%/20% which you know is a heated debate for the culture, so I began to feel some kind of way. When I got to the C grade, I was like whoa – this is levels of underachieving I’ve never known.

Then I had to think about my feelings. And yall know how I feel about those. Feelings and telling the innanets all ya’business – ‘cause I hate that. I know so many life stories from FB, IG, and tweets that I never wanted to (know/) be that person. It just so happens I have been that person – but it’s on this here blog thing, so you like have to click on it to see it, so it’s kind of exactly the same but not really. Stop judging me.

Anyway, this is going to be about running, and running a bunch of other things. I needed running really bad a few years ago. A few of those boxes of darkness I received had me believing something like #14in2014 would be impossible. And I still need it – just not like I need other things. Because humans change, and need an assortment of stuff, and even when it’s hard – we naturally select. So you evolve whether you want to or avoid it.

After all, it’s not like change is always a bad thing. If you can believe it, there was a time when I *brace yourself* hated wine. Remember that trip to Napa, Pops & MO.m? Yall, all the wine was wasted on a twenty-something who thought she knew everything. Not only was it wasted, I had the nerve to be slightly hung-over after it.

Okay, change is a good thing. I have successfully convinced myself. Today. As I write this. Right now.

I won’t agree with this tomorrow, so bookmark your receipt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment