Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Cookies. [still] Ruling. Er'Thang. Around. Me. #ThanksHilton #SupervisionSuggested


Hilton: Sis, we saw on the innanets that you’re trying to glow up your baking skills, that’s what’s up! We proud of you!

Me: Yeah… Since I can’t go nowhere, and y’all just out here canceling people’s hotel confirmations like that, I figured I needed to do something with this free time. I mean, I’m not mad at y’all #COVID-19, but I’m bitter I can’t go nowhere.

Speaking of… We appreciate you not writing us one of those strongly worded letters about that cancellation. And just for that, we got something for you. Look at that right there...

Wait. This not what I think it is?

Girl.

Yassssss! Yall did this for me? I can’t believe this. Just for lil’ol’me?

I mean, it’s like all over the innanets, or whatever, but yeah…it’s just for you. I guess. *shrug*

LET’S BAKE!!!!!!! Hilton DoubleTree warm Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Step One: Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes. 

Hey, soooooo, what’s a stand mixer?

Sis… *face palm* We thought you were baking? How you don’t have a stand mixer?

Uh, *shrug* ‘Cause I don’t know what that is?

What’s that over there?

It’s a hand mixing thing with those two spinning attachment things.

Just use that and get a bowl. We gon’ be here all day. Shoulda neva gave you this recipe.

Also, what type of cream should this look like? Butter cream? Sour cream? Cream of wheat? What am I aspiring towards?

Girl.

Step Two: Add eggs, vanilla and lemon juice, blending with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl. 

Lemon juice in cookie batter? What kind of nonsense is this?

*side eye* But you ate the cookies though? You got a lot of questions for someone who eats like three of these cookies per day per stay. #WeBeenWatchingYou

Wow, fam. Like that? It’s just the ‘hot dog’ effect…

Just. Like. That. Now what’s the next step? Wait… The what?

You know, once you learned what hot dogs were made of, you had more questions – or concerns…

Whew, chile… *shakes head*

Step Three: With mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Don’t overmix.  

Okay, so about the oats. The recipe had said get rolled oats but the grocery store only had steel oats and these quick Quaker oats. Since the Quaker container had quick on it, I figured that was better than steel, so I got these. What you think?

We think, you think too much. Just… You know what… Just throw’em in there. *deep ancestral sigh*

Aye, you know, I always wondered if recipes really meant pinch the herbs or whatever and throw it in. Does a pinch really make a difference? Also, since this is the Era of COVID-19, I’mma just spinkle a lil’ cinnamon. I don’t wanna accidentally cross contaminate anything.

*turns and walks out of the kitchen* *looks for wine rack*

Step Four: Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Okay, so I know you’re gonna get mad, but let me tell you. The store only had these mini chocolate chips. And well, there weren’t any walnuts, so I got pecans. The chocolate chips are semi-sweet though, soooo…

It’s your world, Love. I’m just here so I won’t get fined…for being outside…because of the whole, you know, Shelter-In-Place thing. *sips wine*

Step Five: Portion dough with a scoop (about 3 tablespoons) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.

Wait a minute! You know what parchment paper is? You own a whole roll of it, and you got tripped up at stand mixer. Help me understand this! *arms outstretched*

Oh, yeah, about that. I thought it was foil. I grabbed the wrong thing. I saw a package in Italian, and I was trying to figure out the translation by comparing the packaging to the other stuff in the aisle and got distracted.

What does it say about me that your explanation makes complete sense to me and is not shocking or surprising at all? *sips more wine*

Step Six: Preheat oven to 300°F. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is still soft. 

I can’t believe it! I did it! They’re in the oven, there’s baking happening in there! I’m so excited!

I can’t believe it either. Honestly and truly. *pulls blanket over legs and turns back towards the television*

Step Seven: Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for about 1 hour.
 
This was awesome! And, while they don’t exactly taste like yours, they’re still pretty good.

*tastes cookie* You had a praying Grandmother, didn’t you? *smirks* I’m impressed!

Soooo, what are we baking next?

*sips wine* *pulls blanket over rest of body*

If you get the chance, give the Hilton Double Tree (warm) Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe a try! You might have to go to a few different stores to get all the ingredients you need, but it will be well worth it! Oh, and get you some vanilla ice cream too!

You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment