Thursday, February 1, 2024

Baby, I'm Back...Again!

Somebody - not me - had said that January 2024 was the free trial and that the new year starts February 1st, soooo…

Happy New Year! (I kinda wanna give it back tho)


Baby, I’m Back…Again!…like Scooter #sotoxic lol


Whew chile, I’ve been on “tour” or whatever it was he was on while he was gone and Khadijah (yall) was waiting by the phone, or whatever, until Max (the other yalls) told her to move on with her life so she finally did, and I popped up with a boomerang (the first time), and a tired apology the second time, then yall went out to do whatever it was yall was about to do, but then you realized that you loved me even though you was mad at me, so we here now.


Hey boo! * waves and grins * I suppose I have some explaining to do.


Well, things started to get weird when this happened. I thought I was going to be able to bounce back, but then we got stuck in a whole pepperoni pizza, so like nothing was available for any of us. During that time I got some bad news about this dude, and well, for a minute there, I thought we were going to be okay. But he’s with Daddie now, and they're laughing or chillin’ or whatever, but like, they left me here to be great I think?


Hilarious story about that - I’m not. At all. 


Lots of other stuff happened, too. Ain't enough words to cover it in one post (oh, we are about to have a time this year, get your subscribe and save amazon snacks ordered). But it feels like enough is enough, so I’m back.


Of everything that I learned, I discovered that I’m an alien. Crazy right? I’m an Anthean, from lightyears away. I came here because my world was ending, and there were answers here for me to find in order to save it. And if you haven’t caught on, I’m talking about The Man Who Fell To Earth type alien, and not Earth is Ghetto type alien (but it is, and I wanna). And me. I’m mostly talking about me.


I’ve been watching this masterpiece of a series, starring K. Faraday and Justin Falls over and over, because it’s the first mirror that I’ve looked into, reflecting something that makes sense to me, about me. It’s also how the Ancestors have been getting through to me. I hear the words my father has been desperately trying to tell me. I see who I was and who I’ve been and who I’m destined to be, if I just agree to be a scientist again or something. You have to watch it. Like now. Chiwetel Ejiofor and Naomie Harris deserve all the past, present, and future things for this. Absolutely brilliant performances from them - and the cast!


But back to the Happy New Year.


At work, our leader asks about our word for the year. A tactic many people are using these days because the resolutions weren’t resoluting, but were they ever? Last year my word was somewhere between Love and Me. I spent the year trying to get the “and” out of the way and it was difficult and unfinished. I’ve been having a hard time thinking about what that word is for 2024. The last  time I went searching for a word, I found wounded. Perhaps my word for the year is discovering, and you can help me figure out what word is on the other side of it. 


See, I told you. Get your snacks ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment