Thursday, January 1, 2015

Why Do I Even Wear Heels? #2015Kin2015

Yea, I ask myself that too. Then I look at my shoes and think, yes…that’s why. Thanks for the reminder.

I know what you all were thinking. She’s gonna run 15 races in 2015. Or, she’s going to be crazy and run 2015 miles. And at one point in 2014, you would have been absolutely correct. There was also the 5 “signature running events” thing in 2015 jogging around my mind at one point too.

I know me, so I know that putting a specific number of races to it will be easy. No matter the number. As long as I sign up, show up, start, and finish, I’ve reached the goal. I have shown that I can do that, and exceed the expectation. I’m going to take step back from that and focus on the miles. Not 2015 of them, because well, um, that would be, a lot of money spent not on heels #runningshoes. But a pretty substantial amount.

2015K of them. Okay, time for that math you haven’t been using. 1K is equal to 0.6214 miles. For those of you who aren’t math majors, just work with the 0.62, mmkay? I am going to do 2015 of those almost miles! 1252.121 miles, or in my case 1253 miles to be exact. I know what you’re thinking, I was supposed to round down. I’m an overachiever, so we all knew that I was going to round up. You are not surprised by this.

Unlike last year, I don’t have a full race calendar ready to go. I know, crazy, right? It’s not about the number of events, and totally not about the medals. It’s about giving meaning to every single I lace up those running shoes and get out there. Each mile I run means something because that’s all that matter. I have to run 1253 miles in 2015. Which is also the other hashtag #1253in2015. It’s not as cute as #2015Kin2015, but it still works.

I’ve got the mileage, now what’s the other part? #14in2014 was about 2 things, 14 races and 14 medals. I have the 2015K (1253miles), what’s the other part?

That’s where the 15 comes in. My 15 is as follows:

5: Run in 5 new states. #QuestForAll50
4: Run 4 (training runs or races) with 4 different people. #MakeNewFriends
3: Run 3 events not part of my 2014. #RunNewRaces #GetNewMedals
2: Run back to back events. #WithACatchTho #Like2DifferentStates
1: PR my Half Marathon time…just once. #PRorBacon #PR&Bacon #YeaThatsBetter

There you have it. My miles and my tasks along the way. It will not be easy. If I thought #14in2014 was difficult (which I did at one point), then this is inconceivable.

I’m gonna do it anyway. I hope you join me. Especially if you’ve never joined me before. Uh, that’s on the list. And, if you live in a new state, that’ll help me check off the other two. Live near a state line? Even better.

You've got a job in 2015 too. Aside from running with me, you have to hold me accountable to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment