Friday, June 6, 2014

Can You Hear Me Now? #ListenSamListen

I am not a nag. I don’t care what that Jerk (Ernie) or SDP tells you. It ain’t true! I just insist on telling you what we’re you’re going to do with your life multiple times within an hour period because, well…You Are Not Listening To Me. I genuinely care about you, and that’s just the way I show it. Deal. Now what are you wearing today, because I need to iron it.

Okay, I can be a bit of a nag. But it’s part of my charm. I don’t mean it in a nagging kind of way, I just worry, and I want to make sure that everything is taken care of. My mental checklist is so long that if I don’t share it, I will forget it. And now that AWB is not around to leave post-its on my desk, many things will be forgotten in the latter half of this year.

Okay, so where was I going with this? Right. Those of you who identify as men in my life do not listen to me! This awesome weekend in San Diego illuminated that factoid right there. And here is m proof…

So, we have all gathered in San Diego to have an #epic vacation/race weekend. That means hotel, traveling, navigating the city, parking, logistics etc, right? Right. This is right up my alley. While I am a total go with the flow type on vacation #kinda, when I’m with a group of people I care about, I NEED to take care of them.

And conference hubby wants something sweet to eat. Only it’s late, the evening before the race, and we’re kind of tired. But, I’ve been in the city almost a day longer than he has, so I am familiar with the options around the city. He wants a brownie and ice cream. I suggest we go out to a nearby store to satisfy his sweet tooth. He insists that we will do no such a thing. So, room service. While I am confirming his room service order (because I had to call on his behalf), he mentions coffee. I tell him that we already have some in the room. He is offended, literally OFFENDED by the suggestion, so we order coffee as well from room service.

Yummy desert, tasty ice cream, substandard coffee and $30 dollars later, he is feeling like this was not a great idea. No, he actually knows and admits that this was not a great idea. I just smile and hand him the receipt. #IWontSayIToldYouSoYet #ItsJustTheFirstNight

Early Sunday morning, I have finally gotten myself together. I have all of the items that I will need post-race. Meds for the aches and pain. Recovery supplements. My wallet. My digital camera to supplement dead smart phones #thosebatteriesneverlast. Everything I would need but could not carry. I tell him where the bag is located. I even put the room key (that he would have to take) on top of it to remind him to grab it. I text him while I was awaiting the start of my event just to remind him about it because, I mean, well he was kinda sleepy. Post-race I find them, we hug it out, and I look for my bag. He admits that he forgot to bring it (but has the room key with him). #ItsLikeHeDidItOnPurpose #JustToSpiteMe #ThatAin’tHoly #ItWasSunday

He comments on all of the things that I have in my hands and if I needed help carrying them. I mentioned casually that a bag would help. He carried oddly shaped nourishment, refreshing liquids, and other race items. He notices the other runners are changing, stretching and pulling stuff out of their bags. He inquires if I needed to do any of that. I smiled and replied, It’s all in my bag. #IMeanItWas #IdidSmileTho

Now it is Sunday evening and we’re working out the parking post epic race and night out in SD. I tell them to park at the lot we parked the night before and pay $10. That way they won’t have to get up early in the morning to rush to move the car and potentially not find another space. It is late and we are so tired, right? Well, why in the world would he do that when he could park on the street for free, and just set an alarm and move his car in the morning? How could I be so silly? Especially when the drunk lady you just met in the lobby that you don’t know, who does not give a damn about your car said parking on the street is a good idea. Yea. That. Well, morning comes and he is annoyed by the alarm, as opposed to eager to move his car. I do nothing.

Once he finally gets up, gets dressed and gets to his car to move it, he’s greeted by a ticket. See, he’s parked on a hill. He didn’t turn his wheels in to the curb. He’s from Detroit so, well, earthquakes aren’t a thing. And get this, He’s Mad! Tell us why you mad though honey… Because they didn’t have a sign telling people to do what EVERY OTHER CAR ON THE STREET has done. #OhOkay #IReallyWantToSayIToldYouSo #I’llKeepItToMyself

All the while getting ready for breakfast and on the walk over, I had to listen to how this travesty of justice and reckless citing by parking enforcement will not go unpunished, right? In my mind I’m thinking, this could have been avoided by listening. The car ended up in the parking lot I told them to park in, in the first place. But instead of that, I tell myself, You know, they had a rough morning and are suffering the consequences of not listening to me. I’m just gonna treat them to breakfast #Panera. Yea, that’ll be a good idea.

We get to the register. DRice falls in line. Makes his order and moves on. It’s Hubby’s turn and this fool has to just be a man about it. Naw, I can’t let you do that. No, no, no, I got it. What are you doing? You’re not paying for this.

I am just damn DONE by this point! So, I did what every woman who’s ready to explode but recognizes that she’s not sure how much bail would be, and all these people are kinda watching because she is wearing her race medal around her neck #MedalMonday. I have a mildly controlled #AngryBlackWomanMoment.

I’m about to lose it. I am really about to break down and snap on you! Just order your damn food. Tell them what you want, just say it! OMG. OMG. OMG. Just listen and do what I say. OMG. OMG. OMG. Why won’t you just listen to me… *real fake tears are beginning to form*

…and his response? *queue up handsome smile* Awww, I wish I had my smart phone so I could record my boo snapping…you so cute…look at you. *still handsomely smiling*

This fool is at the brink of death in Panera, literally the cliff…and I’m feeling my inner Spartan… What does he do? Make the moment absolutely hilarious and cute! I hate him. He doesn’t listen. If a man’s test in life is a woman. I believe part of the woman’s test is getting that man to listen to her – and really hear what she is saying – and comply with her words. #WeNeedMorePractice lol

There’s more. Like him attempting to pay for the hotel room that was already paid for. WHEN I TOLD HIM IT WAS BEFORE WE WENT TO CHECK OUT!!!! But we’ll keep that between us and the hotel staff wondering if I was going to cause a violent domestic scene about all the renovating.

…but now he knows not listening to me comes with a price. 

#YouWillBeCited #ImAlwaysRight #BetYouWontForgetToTurnYourWheelsInNextTime #ListenSamListen

No comments:

Post a Comment