Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

This is where we began. #andmiddle #andneverend
Last Wednesday night, I was on a plane headed to Amazing, by way of Atlanta #thuglifeairport. I met a man on said plane with whom I had the most interesting conversation that I am going to post about this week. Anyway, the subject of my best friend came up. My best friend who happens to be a man. He, much like many others have asked if we’ve ever attempted to be more than friends. I mean, Brown Sugar, right? The answer, despite that awesome soundtrack, remains No.

But people seem to be dumbfounded by the why. I want a lover with the desperation of single chicks in the clubs with spandex life suits on. My secret thirst for my somebody’s son is at DEFCON 1 and on Level: Serengeti. I swear I see weapons of mass destruction and mirages daily. I’m not the bitter always a bridesmaid, never a bride…throwin’ ‘bows for the bouquet chick yet…but it is real (single) in these streets. But patience is virtuous (says Jesus) and life is a waiting game (says Corinne). So, if you must wait, and not eat snickers, shouldn’t you still get something? I mean, even in the Olympics there are other medals, right?

Now wait. My best friend is no consolation prize. To know him is to have entertained something angelic. But as much as I need a lover to love and laugh with me for a lifetime, I need a best friend to do that same thing a different way. And nobody should have to be in desperate need of both. I can't take all these selfies by myself!!!!!

I’m not sure you will understand this. But I will try to tell you anyway.

Can you understand how a man and a woman can love each other perfectly, being imperfect beings? How two people can respect each other in their separate lives, but have a oneness, something so especially innocent together? Support each other's dreams, protect them like the gates of Asgard. Daily, without words, remind each other who they are – because they are the best reflections of each other when they forget. Speak truths to each other, and hear them, listen to them, and pack them away until they are needed again. To know a thing about the other, without ever sharing it…just completing the thought one had about said thing. To laugh. Hysterically. Often. Even when the conversation topic is terrible. It’s never #TooSoon. Like NEVER Too Soon! To have someone that doesn’t count each tear with numbers, but with hugs. And that be all there is.

Can you understand that? I hope so. Because today is my best friend’s birthday.

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty – they merely move it from their faces into their hearts." #AudreyHepburn

Shots Fired!!!! lol *bang*bang*

2 comments:

  1. Your accounting makes me believe that men and women can indeed be friends. Good for you, Natina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies! He's kinda awesome! Maybe next time he's in the Bay we can meet up! =)

      Delete