Tuesday, April 22, 2014

#ITappedThat: Race 7, Medal 6

Eh? You drunk bro? Or nah?

So, on this list of bright dumb ideas I ever idea’d was one that I didn’t idea at all. It was actually a post from a friend. One of the many running converts #ImChangingLives. My friend welcomed me to town to run. But not just run. You gotta “tap” too.

Yes friends, the TapNRun happened. Totally happened. So how does it work? Simple. There are 4 tabs on your race bib. At each station throughout the course, you give the volunteer your tab, drink chug your beer, and run. 4K’s to run. 4 Beers. Following me? Drink…then start running. Stop & Beer. Stop & Beer. Finish and a really big beer (or ale in my case).

A lovely day in Nashville hanging out on 2nd Avenue. We stopped in to BB Kings (awww, good times there #memories) to pick up our race bibs, swag, and ID bracelets for the beer chug check stations. That took all of what, 5 minutes, so we literally had time to spare. After a riveting 10th place finish in laser tag (10 of 29, #darkknight #dontcomeformebro) we spun our wheels a bit to figure out our next move. Drinking. Running. Beers. Bars all about us…

Welp. Might as well have drinks before the race. I mean, it was technically like conditioning, right? Right.

START: Hand first tab to volunteer. Grab beer. Chug. Oh wait. Ion even like beer like that though. What am I doing here? O_o #CHUG

Start – 1K: Are you kidding me? A freaking bridge? An incline in a race where you have to drink? #WellPlayedNashville

1K – 2K: Awwww Snap! LP Field. Wait, there’s a professional football team in Nashville? #shade #GoTitans #CHUG

2K – 3K: Another damn bridge bro? That’s just wrong. How long is a “k” anyway? #startsadvancedmentalcalculus #SIP

3K – 4K: Wait. It’s over already?

          FINISH: Why am I still drinking this beer? The race is over… #yummy

We hung out to watch the contests. Best team name. Shortest shorts #LookAway. Loudest belch. Biggest team. Best costume. And for all my word nerds out there, the Drunken Spelling Bee!

What’s the verdict? Drinking and running isn’t the worst idea I’ve ever not idea’d. But that first “k” of the race tho? My chest was on fire! I know I was breathing, because I’m still alive today, but the drink and run struggle was realized in that first part of a mile. I mean, I could have done without those inclines, and even that heat. Yo, Nashville? You could have turned down the temperature like 10° at least.

But, if you have decided to do something crazy like, I don’t know, run 14 races in 2014, then this is probably a good idea! A great time. And lest we not forget the MEDAL! Yes folks! This race comes equipped with a medal that doubles as what? A bottle opener! #Yasssss

A man running in a diaper stopped to take pictures with kids on their way to prom. There was a swarm of bumble bees in our wave attacking the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I briskly jogged by 2 red solo cups. And OMG, I almost tackled these boxes of wine, drinking their beers, at the race after party #lush. I met a lovely woman in a red onesie with amazing 5 o’clock shadow…and I could have sworn I saw Miley Cyrus.

I am so glad my friend invited me to do this race. This has not stopped being fun! Not at all. I am so thankful for the joy, the wonder, the excitement, and the unknown ahead of me, on my quest for 14 medals.

And beer. I'm actually, kinda thankful for beer. #GoFigure

1 kilometer is 0.621 miles.

Today’s Race: 4K, Tap’N’Run Nashville, Nashville TN
Medaled Miles to date: 32.67 miles

Total Raced Miles to date: 35.77miles
8 Medals To Go ǁ 43% Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment