Thursday, February 27, 2014

To Know Him, Is To Want Him...

To know what one does not have, one must first know of all the things they possess. That sounded all deep and ish, huh? Not really. I know. I just wrote it because I need to tell you all (…all the pain he’s caused #musicbreak) about 5 things that I want, that I currently do not have right now, because well…people have questions that need answers.

There are things like a great black purse that’s functional for all kinds of events, or a lighter laptop because I’m deathly afraid of whatever century this is (which one is it again?), a purple pen to write in my journal with, dark chocolate, some roller skates to call my own, a painkiller #WeRockedTheCorner #CodeBlack, a pedicure (it’s rough around these parts, yo), a new book to read, and really, above all, a gottdarn vacation! Whew, they worked a sitsa hard this February…

And I’m sure that would have answered the question, but Gallup says I’m an overachiever, so those aren’t the things I’m going to tell you about. Because they sound silly. So I told the question asker:

I just don’t think about the things I don’t have…or at least I try not to…
         
Well, what do you want? Everyone has wants…


Hot damn! He’s right *please keep that between us* #IAppreciateYourDiscretionInThisMatter. We all have things we want. And if you ask Miss FMB, we can have what we wantJust get a little strength, courage and wisdom to say it! *pause for praise break*

This shoe changed my life. In ways you could not imagine.
Like the Jessica Simpson Ely powder multi-colored pump that I quite literally moved the earth to find. Oh, you thought that random quake in Virginia last year was just Mother Nature having an especially bad cramp? Naw pimp, that was me, on the hunt, for that shoe!


If you’re looking at those wants glass half empty and lukewarm on a Texas summer day, then sure, they are things you don’t have! And nothing about that feeling quenches your thirst. But we are not about that life in these parts. Our mason jar of sweet tea is half full, chilled to perfection, on an 80° day in San Diego, okay? Okay…

Sunflowers: I love sunflowers. This is no secret. If we played the glad game or the game where you have to list all of the things that make you happy, sunflowers are on it! I love them. Surprise ones are the best. There is this flower shop across from a Starbucks I frequent when I take Caltrain in to work. I stop by at lunch downtown and purchase one from time to time. I imagine when I grow up and grow down some roots somewhere, that place will have sunflowers everywhere! Kinda like my friend Dolores… She loves them too!

Season Tickets: I loooooove sports! And being back in California I am Lovin It…I get to see Pac 1210 games! I need that good ole Young Alumni home games sports package! I can see it now, weekly trips to the Rose Bowl…and weekend trips to the Wooden Center! I’ll get to Haas, Maples, Memorial & Stanford Stadiums for the away games! 8 Claps, Go Bruins, and U – C – L – A all the way!

 …because aside from being beautiful, my mother always wanted me to be a Bruin.

Smart Device: So some of you all know the story of my phone. I have a slide out keyboard phone because, well…texting. I actually love this phone. But, I suppose in whatever year this currently is, it is not the most functional device. Everyone is sooooo plugged in. So, I was having drinks with my friend. My phone vibrated on the bar. He looked over at it and saidYou’re a smart girl, but that’s a dumb phone. The horror!!! …and then proceeded to show it off like a relic at a Natural History Museum.

Eboogie and CJC just praised God and they don’t know why. It is because I’m admitting that I currently do not have a smart device (well except for the iPod my former RHD surprised me with because she refused to let me replace my mp3 player with another mp3 player…thanks Boo!) and I could see the potential benefit of a smarter device to text from. And maybe do other things from. I’m sure one of my students will show me how to use it. If I get one.

Can it come with a slide out keyboard though or nah?

Sponsorship: I did not think about how expensive #14in2014 was going to be! I mean, there are soooo many races I want to do, and soooo many I’m not doing because of the bottom registration line. I work in education. In California…and well, budget. The bank had an almost 2-week hold on my first paycheck because they said the funds weren’t available yet. When the teller inquired about my employer, I responded, the State, the State of *&^%$ lovely California#ICANT and #icant…afford all these daggone races, by myself.

*passes the collection plate around*

Support: So, in news that’s borderline TMI, I went undergarment shopping with my baby mama LG this past summer, because, well…boobies need love too. I was all prepared to tell the lady my measurements and buy one of those cute expensive two for whatever price bras, because well…peer pressure. Only problem was, my bras were not on the cute people racks. You know, where they have all the color options, styles, types and accessories to match? She walked me to the smallest corner of Mordor the shop and said I can pick for this hanger, or that one. No “two for” options or anything…I could either get with this, or that. The choice was mine.

Back to what I was talking about. I’m still dealing with my unresolved issues about not being able to shop at Victoria’s Secret. Now I have to go to this place for some nice looking support. And Lord knows I need it. I need that bra. That go-to bra that I love. That goes with everything. That adjusts to my every emotion, hormonal imbalance and time of day! It needs to be purple, of course. Ever since getting the news that I needed to upgrade the size of my bras, I haven’t found the one.

…and a bonus!

…my Somebody’s Son: Oh yes, that guy. I just love this term from my KSJ. That’s exactly who he is. Some wonderful woman had a son, who is waiting to hold me tight and be my somebody. And it’s just not for valentine’s days or special holiday moments or new year’s kisses. Sure, there will be some of that, and I certainly won’t refuse a millisecond of it. It’s for the secret codes. The words and hashtags that only make sense to us. Or the special “just because” surprises, the laughs when the other falls, the silent moments listening to tears, and sitting in movies you don’t want to see – trying not to fall asleep. It’s running without training, or talking about your financial future, which apparently has nothing to do with the upcoming DSW sale & bag giveaway #whoknew?. Begging for 10 more minutes of sleep, vacations to anywhere but right where we were, and music…never ending music. Listening #notlistening to my incessant planning #nagging while ironing our clothes, football games, and the stare down when we have come to the last slice of my Mama’s sweet potato pie #notmymama’spie. Yea. Especially that.

But I don’t know who he is. Or where he be. What he does for a living. The music he listens to. You could have him in a line up and I wouldn’t be able to point him out. I’ve imagined him though. He smells like peace. He looks like kindness. His eyes are warm. He is taller than pain. He is stronger than pride. He’s the place my love was especially designed for.

The place for my love is especially, specifically designed for is something that I do not have now, that I want.

…and a ginger ale!


Your turn, sucka!  #thatwasactuallyseventhingsnotcountingthe2ndparagraph

4 comments:

  1. I see your post and i will raise you today...;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, the beautiful thing about waiting for "Somebody's Son" IS the mystery of it all. You don't know nary a thing about him and when he pops up? What a delight! And I want to hear all about it…every single bit.

      Delete
    2. ...and you will Miss Faith! I may even write about it from time to time! I'm doing my best to enjoy the mystery...and the journey!

      "nary a thing" <-- you took me back with that one! Where yo' people from?!?!?!?! lol

      Delete