Tuesday, October 27, 2015

unintelligible

unintelligible [un·in·tel·li·gi·ble / ənənˈteləjəb(ə)l] adjective: when you free yourself for a specific amount of time and give your complete self the ability to feel, just for the sake of feeling, and you don’t wake up that next day feeling like that because the specific amount of time ended. #HesGone

B
reh. Can I get some more of that lost in time stuff *neck scratch*? I feel like Jason Bourne, bro. I woke up on a ship in the middle of an eastern sea and somebody pulled bullets and a microchip out of my back. Help me. Help. Me. Please.


What did I just do? I live such a strategically controlled life. Yea, sure I’m known to do something random or say the things I think #nofilter at the most (in)appropriate times. The point is, I put some gates around that playpen, homey. I do have some standards. There are a few paths I do not traverse. And I ignored every No Trespassing sign, tightened up that red cape, and went into the woods looking for trouble.


#TheStayinCaintWinFace #GetOutTheGame
I think I want him to hold me, and tell me, and be my somebody. But we’re friends, so that’s weird. Well, I don’t kiss my friends like that, so I mean technically, we’re like friends-ish. Sorta friends? Kinda friendly? Dammit. This is exactly why I don’t do things like this. I didn’t care to know, now I wanna know, but I can’t ask, because that would be weird, cause we basically established this John Legend getting Caught Up in time but we go back to our actual lives and time zones thing, and that ish feels amazing…so why am I even going through these mental gymnastics right now…You’re so late for work. #YouCaaiinntWin 

You have to know, after all you’ve been through, that this is very obviously going to end the same way everything else has – badly. You have to know that. Why would you even consider this? How can you believe in anything? How can you believe that this is anything?

But I know exactly what I want to say. And I have had these internal monologues playing on repeat homey. These bars are memorized. I got this. If you need me to bring #TeamDarkskin(ish) back Meek, I got you. Straight English – no gibberish.#RyanLeslie

….and we’re discussing this on freestyle Friday. And true to my fashion, I can’t think of a single one of those cleverly witty snapbacks #notattoos #idontlikepain I preplanned. But I stumbled across lyrics that kind of sound like the one-woman show I directed. So I sampled them. Then he composed a comeback track.

He said exactly what you thought he was going to say. Fear is a thief, true. But fear isn’t always a liar. Commitment is nothing to be trifled with. And we won’t be trifflin’ with that idea no time soon – or ever(ish?).

Yea, you might as well call in sick. You got time for that. 

1 comment: