Wednesday, October 28, 2015

writing to my fear, part II


dear fear,

yes, i'm writing you again. 

remember when i was a little girl and there was a little boy that liked’d me? yea, you remember that, don’t you? i was so happy. someone wanted me, just as i was, even though neither of us knew what any of that meant. at such a young age, a (on the way to be a) man walked all that way to see. all that way. from one neighborhood to the next. he came for me. literally.

and you paralyzed me. as i would come to know, is your endgame. you knew how badly i wanted that. you knew just how much i needed it. how excited i was for it. how (not) ready i was for it, but willing to give it a try. anyway. just because.

you took my courage, my bravery, from me so long ago, i lived believing i never had any. like i could achieve great things in all the other areas of my life. but this one particular thing, i wasn’t built for. that’s what you had me believe. all these years. that i wasn’t built for this. and the life experiences i’ve accumulated, kinda support that, hunh?

crazy though, hunh? right? how the universe keeps conspiring to see me be great and whatnot. and though it’s taken way more years that i’d hoped, i’m getting pretty close to where you’ve hid those pieces of me. look at me being all victorious and whatnot.


with warmest regards,

almost there


No comments:

Post a Comment