Monday, October 12, 2015

WhineAboutRunningAndWine #WickedGoodTimes

So, I have really good ideas, right? Like drinking and running, right? I’ve done this before so it’s nothing new, remember?  Right.

WineAboutIt…then Run.

This dumb idea’d good idea? Wicked Wine Run. I’ve heard about them, mostly because Napa is an earthquake away. But something always keeps my schedule out of reach of wine’ing and running. So, imagine my surprise and excitement when it’s coming to the south of the South Bay…Monterey! OMG! That’s only like an hour or so out! Let’s do this!

Just so happens that there’s a deal going on. You can register for the 5k run AND the 1k Wine Walk for the low low *helllllaa low* price of $30 United States Dollars!

Bruh. I signed up so fast, it’s like the card number typed itself.

This is also the most clever and ingenious way to get your non-runner-friends to sign up for a run… Because when it comes down to it, there is isn’t an excuse east or west of the Mississippi. This is how that conversation goes…

No, I’m not really into a running.
So, what you’re telling me is, you missed that WHOLE part about the wine?
Oh. That makes sense. Sure I’ll come.

Pretty much.

So a gaggle of girls and some of their mates signed up for the Wicked Wine Run because the word wine appears before the word run so the priorities are aligned.

We all also prepared accordingly to those priorities. Yea, I’m seriously into this running thing, but with work, with summer, with happy hour, I got a bit busy. So training wasn’t the most important thing. Neither was it for everyone else. Then someone *I won’t mention your name or initials* decided to get pregnant without consulting me…ruining effectively my reason for living for doing this event in the first place with said person #SheBetrayedMeAndRosé.

As we approached the event, conversations changed…

So…how’s your training been going?
Well, I haven’t really been “training” in the running sense of the word.
So, I plan on walking, is that bad?
Ummmmm, how else we’re going to keep up with each other… #iWasReallyAlwaysWalkingThisButIneverToldYou #TheWinePart

Crisis Obverted. We’re all walking. And we all feel really okay about this decision because…WINE!

Now, we just need to figure out how to get to the run. In Monterey.

*looks into the matrix on the race website for information about event #BecauseBrunchPlans*

Soledad? What’s that? *thinking* Homegirl from CNN? No, they didn’t mean that. Soledad…what does that mean in Spanish? Lonliness? HOW DID THEY KNOW I WAS LONELY?!?!?! OMG THE MATRIX IS REAL! #ThatShadeTho Wait. This isn’t about me…This thing says it’s a city? A real city? Oh, it must be like a few minutes away from Monterey. Because, why would they advertise the location of the event as Monterey and it’s actually in a city that’s almost an hour *more* south of Monterey? Because, they would never do anything like that. They would never employ trickery and schemes to get me to sign up for an event that doesn’t even have a medal.

You already know where I’m going with this. -_-

So, we made the pilgrimage to Lonliness, CA because we heard there was wine.

Things to note when doing a wine run that you actually walk:

1. Bring your own water. In a vacuum sealed container: MY DUDE! The dust was real! I mean, I hella appreciate that they had water stations because if I were serious about running the wine run, I would have been in desperate need of it. But, since I was walking, and just grabbing water because everyone else was, I probably could have saved myself the lightly dusted agua.

2. Wear a hat or a visor. Something really just to protect your face. Not only does dust kills grapes…it also ruins eyesight and a cute hairstyle. Just cover that ish up. But with a regular hat. Not your wine drinking hat. Your wine drinking hat is too cute for this. I was busy trying to look cute pictures when I should have been more concerned with keeping my health premium down. That 20/20 vision was in jeopardy.

3. Sit down somewhere and drink the wine because you’re at a vineyard you big dummy. The most important thing on the list. Why on God’s wine filled earth would you come to a Vineyard and the first thing on your list is to do a 5k? I mean I get it, but after it happens, it doesn’t make much sense. I mean, just drink the wine. It’s not rocket science, its fermentation and patience. And patience is a virtue. Which is also a good name for a bottle of wine. Wait, what was I talking about?

But, what’s always a good idea is:

4. When there’s a 1k Wine Walk…be in the last group out. Because, anybody, even the lowest among us, would give up our lives before wasting wine. OMG! There is nothing like hearing, go ahead, take as many as you want…you’re the last group that will have you PR your first 1k Wine Walk #iToldYalliWasGonnaBeGreat #LookAtMeWalkingAllFastToTheNextTable 
#IamLegitimatelyBuzzedAtThisLastTable #WellDoneLonlinessCA.

We had a fantastic time adorned in our College Football gear, playing homage to all the games we missed whining about wine walking. Even got some bacon cheesy fries courtesy of my little sister who obviously loves me because there was BACON LEFT!! I am absolutely sure I would have been like, girl, they only had a few pieces of bacon. I didn’t realize it until they were gone. My bad. You okay, right?

Which is the exact reason why when I meet Peter at the gates, we’re going to have special conversation. He’s already shaking his head at me.

Why did they make bacon so delicious, Father God?!?!?! Why Jesus?!?!?!?

Wait. What was the post about? Yes! Wine. Whew. Yes, we walked and had wine, then walked again while drinking wine…and whining about stuff. Yes. That’s happened.

Those bacon thoughts though. 


#15ThingsIn2015 Challenge
5 new states (Louisiana – 1 down, 4 to go) #iShouldWorkOnThisOne
4 new friends (OldieButNewbie #RunningHubby; My Child; WickedWineRunCrew (6 people!) – 8 down, -2 to go)
3 new running events (Shamrock Half; St Charles Road Race; Orange County Half; Wicked Wine Run – 4 down, -1 to go)
2 back-to-back running events (0 down, 2 to go)
1 Half Marathon PR (Rock N Roll San Diego! 6 minutes! – 1 down, 0 to go)

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh... A.D.D. having ass. Yes, you have officially been diagnosed by Dr. A'Lexus Coupe who has also diagnosed herself as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahahahaahaha, right?!?!?! That A.D.D. is strong!!!! I can't help it! Just like that doggie in UP... Squirrel! lol

      Delete