Monday, March 3, 2014

MEDALS MOTIVATE ME: Race 4, Medal 3

"The Legend of Extraordinary Luck"
…so here goes it. Question? What do Mariachi Bands, Banana Republic, Pizza and Green/Camouflage Sperry’s have in common?

Easy! The San Jose 408K Running Experience! Race to the Row 2014! Yes folks, the 408K is in the books! I literally woke up Sunday winning. And it wasn’t just because my very first love, my Daddie was born March 2nd! Happy Birthday Pops! I did though, you know, wake up winning, even in the drizzle of San Jose. When I called him after the race, he said:

Daddie: You ran 5 miles? Hmph. I don’t think an ambulance could help me get that far! #He’sHilarious

I convinced my Bay Breeze FB friend turned running buddy to drive down for the race even though she planned to run it virtually. Talked one of my employee-running-friends to do the race as a precursor to the Tough Mudder, KD a.k.a. Dr. Splits On Trees came to pound the pavement with me after our January trail adventure and my Angelica Rollerskates even showed up for some post-race fun!

Told you. #WINNING
       
Friday Race “Expo”: ugh. Orange race bib. I should have said I was going to run faster than my actual pace so I could have gotten a different color. That teal over there is everything! I would have even been able to better accessorize that grey. What in the world am I going to do with this?

*smile for the camera! #anotherraceexpocherrypopped*

Saturday, Pre-Race: The devil is a lie. Chance of rain? Welp, that means no chance I am running without braids.

*spends Saturday watching He-Man & the Masters of the Universe, braiding hair*

Sunday, Pre-Race: *this is my excited for #medal3 face* -_-

Start: This is going to be fun. I think. #doingthisforRFII

Mile 1: No rain yet. Sweet. Even though I spent all day yesterday doing my damn hair. Anticipating rain, that isn’t coming. #bestweekendever

Mile 2: I kinda like this route. San Jose got some nice stuff. What neighborhood is this again? #MeLikey

Mile 3: I want a taco. Ooooh! The cherry blossoms. I want to live on this street. And eat tacos.

Mile 4: I know damn well it's not about to rain right now! Dammit. #justsprinkles #notthecupcakes #TillmanMemorialMile

Mile 5 (0.97): Um, how about you finish the race. It’s not necessary to take a picture with EVERY Mariachi Band you see on the Mariachi Mile.

*pause*music*selfie/groupie*run*repeat*

Finish: This one was for you Roc! Okay, now where are the mimosas and tacos?

Post Race: Included hitting KD (aka Dr. Splits on Trees) in the face *kinda* trying to take a picture jumping at the photo station and the best pizza and mini cupcakes a girl could pay for! Yasssssss!!! There was even a chartered bus ride back to my free parking spot on the street near the SAP Center. Did I mention I probably had the best post-race pizza ever?

Angelica: She’s never been here; she might need a minute to check out the menu.

Me: I know what I want. I want pizza. I want the pizza with the most meat on it.

Waiter: Then you might want to try this one.

Me: Okay. But that doesn’t look like enough. I’ll have it, but um, add that fennel sausage to it too.  #noroastedonions

Everything about this race was awesome. Great neighborhood route. No backtracking. Happy runners and walkers. A Mariachi Mile of music and smiles. And of course, Medal #3. I could not of asked for anything more. And I didn’t. But I got it. At the Race “Expo” I stopped by the Athelta table. The nice young lady there gave me a bag, a purple and grey hair tie, “Power of the She” tattoos and a card to redeem a surprise gift card ($5 to $50) on race day at their store in Valley Fair.

I crossed over Santana Row to the Mall to get my goodies at the Athelta store, right? It just so happened to be a $20 gift card to Banana Republic…which turned into the cutest top I am going to wear to some special event soon! Because a $20 gift card, plus 40% off = WINNING! #mymathisgettingbetter

I accidentally stopped by DSW because it was in the way of me getting home, right? Just so happens, there were some Sperry’s I accidentally left there. Which happened to be 70% off. So, I was basically just picking up shoes that were already mine, because, camo everything, is everything to me.

AND…hello? My 3rd Medal! I am sooooo winning!

Yep Mrs. Bradshaw, medals totally motivate me too.

Today’s Race: 8K, 408K: Race To The Row, San Jose CA
Medaled Miles to date: 17.37 miles
#theycouldhaveroundeditupto5milestho
Total Raced Miles to date: 20.47miles
11 Medals To Go ǁ 21% Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment